Alaska Black Cod
- BLACK COD:
- 4 Alaska Black Cod fillets (approx. 6 oz. each)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Sofrito (see recipe)
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup chorizo, medium diced
- 20 Littleneck clams
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh herbs, i.e. chervil, lemon thyme, parsley (optional garnish)
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, finely chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper, garlic and sautee for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add paprika, cayenne, tomato paste. Remove from heat and reserve.
Method: Season fillets with salt and black pepper. Place 2 tbsp. oil in a medium skillet. Bring to medium/high heat and place black cod in skillet. Sear fish 1 minute on each side. Place skillet in a 400F oven and roast for 7 minutes.
In a medium saucepan, over moderate heat, place chicken stock, chorizo, Sofrito, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add clams and continue to cook until clams open. Add white beans. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
To Serve: Divide Sofrito broth among 4 large serving bowls. Top with fillets and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Garnish with fresh herbs, i.e. chervil, lemon thyme, parsley.
Chef Marc Lippman, Ocean Drive