PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 15 Min
INGREDIENTS Buy Now
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 Tablespoon each chopped fresh thyme and marjoram
- 1 Tablespoon (total) fresh herbs: lemon thyme, parsley, rosemary or lavender
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Brut Champagne
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 3 to 4 lbs. Alaska Crab legs (King, Snow or Dungeness), thawed or frozen
- 1 small loaf of warmed crusty French or country bread, sliced
Melt butter in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in garlic and shallot; cook 3 to 4 minutes, until garlic is soft. Stir in herbs; cook 2 minutes. Open champagne; pour 1/2 cup champagne into butter; stopper champagne. Bring sauce mixture to simmer; cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until sauce is reduced slightly. Add sea salt to taste. Keep sauce warm.
Rinse frozen Alaska Crab legs under cold running water to remove any ice glaze; pat dry with paper towels. Discard towels. Steam or boil crab in large pot, 8 to 10 minutes for frozen crab or 3 to 4 minutes for fresh/thawed crab, until heated-through.
Serve crab with dipping sauce, warm bread and chilled champagne.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING
435 calories, 20g total fat, 12g saturated fat, 43% calories from fat, 182mg cholesterol, 59g protein, 2g carbohydrate, .2g fiber, 2658mg sodium, 170mg calcium and .9g omega-3 fatty acids.