PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 25 Min
INGREDIENTS Buy Now
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced fennel
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 slice bacon, sliced finely
- 2 bottles (8 oz. each) clam juice
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes in juice
- 1/4 cup red wine (Cabernet or Pinot Noir)
- 2 lbs. favourite Alaska Seafood, to include Alaska Crab (King, Snow or Dungeness) and finfish such as Alaska Pollock, Salmon, Cod, Halibut or Sole – fresh, thawed or frozen
Heat olive oil in heavy stockpot. Sauté onion, celery and fennel over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, basil, tarragon, red pepper flakes, pepper and bacon; sauté for 3 to 5 minutes. Add clam juice, tomatoes and wine; simmer 10 minutes.
Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Seafood under cold water. Turn off heat and add seafood to liquid, skin side down. Return heat to a simmer.
Once simmering, cover pan and cook 4 to 5 minutes for frozen seafood or 2 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Turn off heat and let seafood rest 5 minutes or until opaque throughout. To serve, ladle into warm soup bowls.