PREP TIME: 20 Min
COOK TIME: 20 Min
INGREDIENTS Buy Now
- 4 Alaska Black Cod fillets (6 oz. each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup julienned roasted piquillo peppers or red bell peppers
- 4 anchovies, minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- Crusty bread, for serving
Mashed White Beans:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans white beans, drained
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450°F. Season Alaska Black Cod fillets with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add fish and sear until browned on both sides, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat, transfer fish to a baking sheet or pan, and bake in oven for 3 to 5 minutes, cooking just until fish is opaque throughout. Remove from oven and tent with foil until ready to serve.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in same skillet used to brown fish. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and sauté over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add roasted peppers and anchovies, if using, and sauté for 2 minutes more. Add white wine, bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half. Add chicken stock, parsley, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, spoon Mashed White Beans into shallow bowls and top with cooked fish fillets. Spoon roasted pepper sauce over fish and serve immediately, accompanied by crusty bread.
Mashed White Beans: Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until golden, about 10 minutes. Add beans and chicken stock, cover, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and using the back of a spoon, mash beans to form a chunky mixture. Stir in lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING
904 calories, 62g total fat, 13g saturated fat, 62% calories from fat, 105mg cholesterol, 39g protein, 42g carbohydrate, 11g fiber, 1657mg sodium, 190mg calcium and 2860mg omega-3 fatty acids.