PREP TIME: 15 Min
COOK TIME: 15 Min
INGREDIENTS Buy Now
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives, chopped or 1/2 Tablespoon dried chives
- 2 teaspoons each lemon peel and chopped cilantro
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Alaska Halibut steaks or fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh, thawed or frozen
- 2 Tablespoons olive, canola, peanut or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
Prepare salsa: Combine lemon juice and honey in medium mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss together gently. Mixture can be made several hours ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
Prepare halibut: Preheat broiler/oven or grill to medium-high heat (450ºF).
Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Halibut under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Brush both sides of halibut with oil. Place on a spray-coated broiling pan or well oiled grill, 5 to 6 inches from heat, and cook about 5 minutes. Turn halibut over and sprinkle with seasoning salt. Cook an additional 7 to 10 minutes for frozen fillets or 4 to 6 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
Remove halibut to individual serving plates and top with spoonfuls of salsa.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING (1 bite)
291 calories, 10g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 31% calories from fat, 30g protein, 19g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 413mg sodium, 89mg calcium and 670mg omega-3 fatty acids.
ALASKA HALIBUT with TANGY FRUIT SALSA PRINT PDF
Recipe from Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute