PREP TIME: 10 Min
COOK TIME: 20 Min
SERVINGS: 6 (2 cups each)
INGREDIENTS Buy Now
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) risotto with mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (button, crimini or porcini), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth (regular or low sodium)
- 4 Alaska Salmon fillets (4 to 6 oz. each) fresh, thawed or frozen
- Pepper, to taste
- 10 to 12 oz. fresh asparagus (sliced into 2-inch pieces) and/or peas, blanched
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
Prepare risotto according to package directions adding mushrooms, but cooking just three-quarters of total time, about 15 to 18 minutes.
While risotto is cooking, bring chicken broth to a simmer in a large (12-inch) nonstick pan or stockpot. Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Salmon under cold water. Turn off heat and gently add seafood to the chicken broth, skin side down. Return heat to a simmer. Once simmering, cover pan and cook 4 to 5 minutes for frozen salmon or 2 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Turn off heat and let seafood rest in liquid for 5 minutes, until seafood is opaque throughout. Remove salmon from broth, season with pepper and cool slightly.
Add asparagus/peas and Parmesan to partially cooked risotto; finish cooking risotto.
Break salmon into large chunks (removing skin, if any). Gently fold salmon and basil into risotto.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING
238 calories, 7.5g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 29% calories from fat, 50mg cholesterol, 23g protein, 19.5g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 349mg sodium, 91mg calcium, and 1,710mg omega-3 fatty acids.